Derbyshire County Council
On this project BWA worked as technical advisor to a big-four management consultant. We were responsible for assessing the performance of the Council’s Real Estate Department (quantity surveying, design, building surveying, asset management and operations) and producing recommendations accordingly. Our work involved undertaking a mix of activities to supplement the lead consultant's overall report, including:
- Organisation and structure review;
- Benchmarking of facilities management costs;
- A review of resourcing (FTEs, roles and responsibilities, productivity);
- Measuring efficiency and effectiveness of policies, processes and procedures in place;
- Review of costs and time invested in capital and maintenance related projects; and
- Assessment of the current state of the property portfolio.